Friday, 13 November 2009
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
Monday, 4 May 2009
- Free unlimited access to a library of over 40,000 songs from all the major labels and loads of small indie labels.
- Instantly search for any song, band or album and play it with no delay for loading of buffering.
- Fast and lightweight! In heavy use Spotify still only uses 17mb of your precious RAM, allowing you to just leave your music going without ever worrying about losing any of your speed.
- Last.fm support.
- Biography of bands appear at the top of their page, provided by 'All Music Guide'
- Similar artists and 'Artist Radio' help you discover new music.
- Playlist support, including a 'collaborative playlist' feature, allowing you to create a playlist that others can also add to. Like sharing music with friends? This is for you!
- HTTP links to songs. When you find something you like, simply right click and click "Copy HTTP link" and send this to your friend with spotify. This will let all your friends be able to instantly hear exactly what you're talking about.
- 1 or 2 short adverts (30 seconds long) play about every half an hour, however they are unobstrusive and much less frustrating than those on commercial radio. That said, £0.99 will buy you a day's ad-free listening, or £9.99 for a whole month of free legal music goodness.
- No mobile or iPod support. The program works by streaming music on demand, unfortunatley this makes it impossible to support iPods. Mobile compatability is being developed and will be available soon.
- No way of purchasing music through Spotify. If you're one of those people who like to actually own your music this might not be for you, with currently no ability to buy music from within Spotify, though this feature is in development.
- The software makes extensive use of P2P. If you have high bandwidth allowances and don't mind uploading pretty steadily this is fine, but if you're on a restricted connection this could be a problem.
If you are thinking it’s a joke, it’s NOT. Here is a fully working trick to get a FREE 1-year domain name + Free Unlimited Hosting from DreamHost. Dreamhost is one of world’s most popular and reliable services.
I've tried this method myself and it worked flawlessly. Oh, and if you're wondering, because it see's the cost is $0.00, you don't have to give it any bank details at all.
Follow the steps below carefully to get 1-year domain and Unlimited Dreamhost hosting Free:
Step 1. Sign up for Free Dreamhostapps account. Choose dreamhosters sub-domain in step1. In step 5 fill up your details and sign up.
Step 2. Go to http://www.dreamhost.com/ and click sign up Now and choose to Host a domain
Step 3. Fill all the information in, selecting to pay for one year and adding no extras to the account.
Step 4. Very Important - While entering the address choose country as US and not IN. Also enter the same email address which you used for DreamHostApps.
Step 5. Use the Code BARCAMPLA7 for 100% discount.
Note: This offer code is no longer valid.
Step 6. Enjoy!